New look, new content
09 Jul 2020
We just released a new version of our website. We worked hard to bring you a more user-friendly and ergonomic experience, but also a more up-to-date and exhaustive content.
A diet menu
The navigation menu has been significantly reduced to ease browsing and finding information.
- Home gives you an overview of the testbed: open access, large scale, multi-radio, multi-platform, multi-OS and multi-topology.
- Docs brings you detailed information about the tesbed, its features, its tools, the boards and OSes. We particularly worked on this part writing more than 50 pages. We tried to be the most accurate and exhaustive as possible.
- Learn replaces the former Tutorials section, that was the unique place for documentation. Since there is a complete documentation now, we’ll try to bring here more use cases oriented tutorials. But, of course, you will still find tutorials for newcomers.
- Community promotes the work done using the testbed with the list of scientific publications and courses given. It lists also the open-source projects we are working on. You are welcome to help us and contribute.
- Blog to keep up to date with the latest news, features and events. We also would like to use it to share some users experience (do not hesitate to contact us right now).
A new way of learning
As a result of the work carried out for the Mooc “Internet of Things with Microcontrollers: a hands-on course”, we are hosting now our own JupyterLab service at labs.iot-lab.info. It allows users to perform easily practical activities with Jupyter Notebooks in a fully installed and setup environment. It’s a perfect way to discover testbed features, but also the use of RIOT and Contiki-NG.
A slight impact on the web portal
To keep the same visual integration between the website and the webportal, this later has also evolved. We’ve been able to integrate the webportal navigation menu in the website navigation bar. The former additionnal grey navigation bar has disappeared and been replaced by a toolbar in the top-right corner.
N. B. For people who need to point to an old content, we archived the previous version of the website at https://iot-lab.github.io/wordpress-static/