Custom Open Nodes
Since our new generation gateway board exposes a monitorable USB port, we can plug easily other hardware.
We developped the support of some boards to be integrated to our infrastructure.
- Atmel SAM R21, the RIOT’s reference platform saclay 15
- Zolertia Firefly, a double radio mote with 802.15.4 & 802.15.4g radios lille 9
- Arduino Zero, an Arduino with a XBee shield (802.15.4 radio) saclay 3
- B-L072Z-LRWAN1, STM32L0 Discovery kit LoRa saclay 25
- Zigduino, the Arduino that integrates an 802.15.4 radio not deployed yet
Bring your board to IoT-LAB
On the IoT-LAB Gateway board, runs a Python module providing Open Node management. Its implementation is based on a system of plugin. Thus, if you want to add support for a new node, you just have to write a specific file to interface with the application.
Instructions on how to develop your plugin are documented in the
You can also install a Gateway-like environment on a computer by following the
INSTALL.md instructions. Thus, you will be able to test and validate your plugin.
Some of the IoT-LAB nodes are or can be dedicated to host custom open nodes. Once the previous step has been made, we just have to deploy your development and plug the new hardware.
Contact the admin team to discuss this point.
Just proceed has usual. You just need to select these specific nodes while submitting your experiment.
Learn how to: Follow the tutorial